Carabao Enters the Global Market via Chelsea Football Club in a Principal Partnership Deal
Carabao Group Public Company Limited, manufacturer of Carabao Energy Drink, are ready to build a world-class brand in the global market. This follows on from the company’s hugely successful ventures into Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLMV).
The company sets sight on gaining as much market share as possible through sports marketing platform via Chelsea Football Club in a Principal Partnership Deal, the first Thai brand to become a Principal Partner of the Premier League Champions. The deal means from the 2016-17 season through to at least the 2018-19, the Carabao logo will appear on the Chelsea FC Training Wear worn by players and managers. The logo will also be allocated Principal Distribution on interview backdrops, with parity to other Principal Partners, Adidas and Yokohama. In addition, the deal includes Partnership Branding on water bottles and bottle carriers, inside of the player’s tunnel, on dugout seats, and much more.
Sathien Sethasit, Chairman of the Board of Carabao Group has said that “between 2011 and 2014, Carabao Group has experience a significant growth in revenue of 1 billion baht per year. 70 per cent of the total revenue is from domestic sales, whilst the other 30 per cent is from exports. The company’s aim is that by 2017, the total revenue is divided 50 per cent from domestic sales, and 50 per cent from exports. To achieve this, our key strategy is to enter global market to reach the targets set. Since our revenue in CLMV continues to grow steadily, the next step for us is to expose the Carabao brand globally. Carabao Group’s aim is to continue to enter new markets including the United Kingdom, European Countries, the Middle East, Latin America, Indonesia and China. Since the global energy drinks market continues to rapidly grow year by year, our vision is to gain 10 per cent market share. We are very pleased and highly honoured that Chelsea Football Club – a world class football club with over 500 million followers around the world – chose us to be one of their three Principal Partners, along with Adidas and Yokohama. Chelsea FC has a clear vision and together with their highly impressive image, we believe that as a Principal Partner, by being exposed via global media and through opening new markets, this will enable us to continue to grow rapidly.”
Our three-year Principal Partnership deal, as well as the Carabao logo appearing on the Adidas Training Wear worn by players and managers, will see us gaining exclusive Partnership Branding on water bottles and bottle carriers, inside of the player’s tunnel, on dugout seats, and much more. We will also have access to Chelsea FC players and assets to be used on our products as well as for commercial activities around the world.
Carabao has established a world-class production center complete with energy drinks bottling and bottle and can production plants in Chachoengsao to highlight quality and support expected sales growth at home and overseas17-08-2018
Carabao exercises its considerable potential as a global brand by expanding market footprint to cover all segments and tap into market for new-gen and style-conscious youngsters with the launch of Carabao CAN Green Apple, a new great tasting energy drink29-06-2018
Carabao makes a football history by holding the EFL CUP first-round draw for the 2017/18 season outside England for the first time, to be live-streamed to a global audience in a move to promote the Thai brand internationally through sport marketing20-06-2017
Carabao Tawandang Group unveils 1.7 billion Baht new state-of-the-art bottling plant to cater to the rising local and international market demand02-05-2017
Carabao introduces rich and robust canned instant coffee for coffee lovers02-05-2017